Saturday 22 January 2011

Guestlist

Yo, so we tore shit up last night. Come midnight at our party, Chez Le Funk here in the Disco Village, we were twiddling our fingers thinking how it was a sucky party and no groovers would turn out, when BANG, place packed out and we got busy on their asses... Here's my selection from the night:

Blue Jean - Whirlwind (Polar Records)
Hunee - Tour De Force (WT Records)
Unknown - I Need You (Truth Is Light Edit) (TiL)
Debbie Jacobs - Don't You Want My Love (MCA)
John Rocca - I Want It To Be Real (Streetwise)
Macho - I'm A Man (EMI)
Cerrone - Love In C Minor (Atlantic)
Harry Thuman - Underwater (Decca)
Hercule - Little Green Man (Bootleg)
Tony Cook & The Party People - On The Floor (Rock-it) (Stones Throw)
Marshall Jefferson - Move Your Body (Trax)
Armando - Don't Take It (Johnny Fiasco Remix) (Let's Pet Puppies)
Adonis - No Way Back (Trax)
Unknown - Outerspace Circus (Truth Is Light Edit) (TiL)
James Brown - Bodyheat (G's Infinite Sex Machine Edit) (CDR)
The Dells - No Way Back (Mystic Slot Disco Adjustment) (Black Cock)
Bobby Bowens & Shades Of Magic - Gonna Let Me Love You (TiL)
Unknown - Do What You Do (International Feel)

Thanks so much to all who came out to party, and especially to Steve & Henry for the disco support!

A selection from Steve:

TS Monk - Canidate For Love
The Dells - All About The Paper
Linkwood - Fudge Boogie
Fela Kuti - Zombie
Chic - We Are Family
Ripple - The Beat Goes On
N'Dambi - Call Me (Yam Who Remix)
Rare Pleasure - Let Me Down Easy
Blaze and Cassio Ware - Funky People
Klein & MBO - Dirty Talk
Richie Havens - Going Back To My Roots
Queen Latifah - How Do I Love Thee? (Let Me Count The Ways)
Sly & The Family Stone - It's A Family Affair

Yo man, those cats got medieval on my ass and mashed me down!

3 comments:

  1. great selections Matt and Steve, I hope the dancers supported you with their feet and a good time was enjoyed by all

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was this taken at The Court? Back in the days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Back in the day indeed, a Barlow/Downey/Skinns creation if I remember correctly!

    ReplyDelete